My First Step in USeP-Obrero



Man’s capacities have never been measured; nor are we to judge of what he can do by any precedents, so little has been tried.

- Henry David Thoreau (1817 – 1862)



Begin. Metamorphose. Live!


The young hue fades away. The azure sky is on its dazzling pulchritude blessed by nature. The fogbound thing breaks into chain rouge with rainbow. I stand tall. I had transcended the days of knowing my existence and months of living this life I have encountered for so many years. And now I am gathering all my strength to conquer this new stage of my college life – my career decision.


Am I ready for college? This was the question I asked upon entering my first class in this university. But more than the readiness for college, I felt that it was more important to set my priorities straight.


At first, I thought that it was just the first encounter that was different (of course, I ha to deal with different faces with varied personalities, culture, principles and attitudes). But I guessed, it was all the corners of college life were dissimilar. All were new in my sight. As days went by, together with the ripening of mangoes and the pollination of flowers, the frustrating yet complex adjustment I underwent turned out to be an easy thing to manage.


Haply, I found my place – my sense of belongingness when I met some high school classmates, schoolmates and old friends as well as my linked pals from the recent English Bridge Program last summer.


By the way, I ventured to take the program BSIT, a program in which I can boost all my potentials as an innovative being, innate and acquired. Not only that, I considered it as a precious treasure sent by God above. Moreover, I love to explore the hidden secrets of computer, from different drives to the technicalities of software.


I’m guided by professionals. As a neophyte in the campus I have also depended my adjustment to the teachers I met. As the class begun, one by one, I had discovered that teachers here were guided by different teaching principles and strategies and acquired varied degrees and program but they were joined by one similar objective: a prudent crystallization of smart and brilliant USePians.

Truly, they are the pillars working for the success of every student, who, at their perspective, have the right to access a quality education to their beloved USePians.


Post a Comment