FIRST DAY HIGH

Aloha!!


This is my reflection and leanings on the first day of our class!!


The University Hymn rang and I was on my way to the 5th floor of engineering building where our class room is situated. My consciousness is filled with anxiety and ambiguity. I was panicky coz I heard from our past teacher in Tagum Campus that Dr. Gamboa is a firm instructor, letting late comers sing in front of the class, which make me feel so uneasy. Unfortunately I came late in the class. Mix emotions I think is the aftermath of the impenetrable feeling that I have felt.


I let myself introduced in front of the class and sang my favorite song even though it is very disgraceful. We received warm appreciation and big smiles from our fellow new classmates and from our beloved facilitator. I am so blissful knowing that I belong in the “endangered species” of the university. I think it is a great honor and privilege to be one of the chosen few.


As the formal class discussion started, I feel more anxious because I have heard from hearsays that Sir Gamboa is fond of oral recitations and class participation. So I let myself feel comfy so that I can concentrate on the topic being discussed. Dr. Gamboa uttered that management implies someone or somebody needs to be managed; he/she or it is not capable of being independent. More to the point, he also stressed out that management comprises of Planning, Directing, Organizing, and Controlling.


Furthermore, people cannot be completely managed because of the fact that we have feelings and we are rational animal which enables us to think and apparently,we are not robots. One paradigm he point is that, if the parent will have power over his children’s feelings, the inclination is that their off-spring would try to oppose their decisions.

Also we touched IT or Information Technology which can be represented by an equation IT=HW (Hardware) + SW (Software). And also IS (Information System) has its corresponding equation which is IS= IT + PW (Peopleware).


Along the conversation, many queries have been raised and thrown one of which is that “Does Management Information System a correct course description?” a nerve-breaking inquiry which makes my comrades reflect and think about it. Many strive to answer the question but unfortunately no one hits the bull’s eye.


To wrap up the point, I really enjoyed the class discussion because it is filled with jokes and cooperation. Albeit we came late and possess mismanagement on our time and attitudes, for that I am so sorry. I will really try my paramount to come early in class as possible. That’s the lesson I’ve learned.


I'm Florenzie S. Palma BSIT 3
GOD Bless us ALL!!


Post a Comment